A lot of people choose real estate as a good long term investment. Generating cash flow by your real estate is also inflation proof and easy to understand as a concept.
Of course it is not all easy when it comes down to rentals – investments or maintaining them. You need professional help here if you want to keep everything nice and smooth while operating them.
In this article we are going to cover what maintenance firms do and how to choose one of them wisely.
What property maintenance firms actually do
The structures of the building usually need supervision, the grass has to be cut, heating in order and so on.
These firms are strictly focused to deliver good professional maintenance to your property no matter what the property is. Here is what they actually offer as services:
- carpentry – all properties need at some point professional carpenter for fighting kitchens, bedrooms or just small one time repairs;
- bathroom design and fitting – bathroom is very important part of the every property, as the people say show me your bathroom and i will tell you how much rent you can get from this real estate;
- gardening – a good detailed clearance is very important for your property. You need some good, local gardeners that have know how of removing weeds, hedges or make flowers, bushes aesthetically pleasing;
- handyman – everyone need handyman at some point – you need to repair ceiling, door or window – you need him;
- painting and decorating – to make more money off your property is good to freshen it up in time. Good colour for painting and nice decorative ideas will up the cash flow;
- furniture assembly – there is nothing more annoying about assembling simple furniture that goes wrong. Do not risk it, hire professionals – the fees are usually small, the work excellent and satisfaction great;
- pest control – one of the most important elements when buying or maintaining property of any kind is pest control. Mices, rats, bed bugs, waspsm, ants, spiders, cockroaches, etc. all of these will ruin you home in time, or lower your prospects of good rentals;
Of course there are a lot more services to cover, but these are the main ones. See more services at Two Lions 11 Ltd
How to choose good property maintenance company
It is good to acknowledge that these firms work for you when you are not at present. So here are some good criterias to look for:
- bring a local player – do not fall for big, multi regional companies, choose local;
- seek experience not price – we all want to save a some money, but in this case this may result as a very poor decision;
- look for good recommendations and reputation – ask around the local area about good, stable firms, people recommendations are gold;
- before signing any firm read the documents – review management agreements, fees, exit clauses, etc.
Follow these criterias and you will get success finding a good, respectful and professional firm for your rental property.